Reno Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury case is a legal dispute that results from an injury causing accident, where another person may be legally responsible for the cost of the injuries. Civil court proceedings may formalize a personal injury case. However, personal injury cases are classified into two sections:
- Formal Lawsuit: A Formal lawsuit is initiated by an individual filing a civil complaint against another person or business. Formal lawsuits are typically filed when the two parties cannot come to an agreement settlement based on both parties’ requests. These disputes must prove that subject A was injured by subject B.
- Informal Settlement: Most personal injury cases are handled outside of court in a settlement. These settlements are overseen by your personal injury lawyer, the insurers, and the defendant’s lawyer. Settlements will vary depending on one’s compensation loss, damages, medical bills, etc.
Where Are Personal Injury Lawsuits Filed?
Lawsuits are filed in the state where the injury occurred. Talk to your personal injury attorney for more information on how to file a lawsuit.
Depending on the severity of the personal injury case and where the parties are located, you may file a personal injury lawsuit in U.S. District Courts.
Never a fee unless we win your case!
If you or somebody you know is injured in an accident, contact Joey Gilbert Law today for a free consultation 775-284-7700.
Each year, thousands of people in the Reno Nevada area are injured in accidents. Injuries happen all the time in several different places, including at work, at home, in your car, outdoors, and in most cases, someone else it at fault. In order to receive compensation for being injured, a professional Reno personal injury attorney is needed to get fair and successful results.
Personal injury settlements result in billions of dollars in compensation each year, however, until you, a family member or friend is injured in an accident, it’s hard to understand why it is so important to hire a personal injury lawyer in Reno to handle your case.
In order to establish the details of your case, your lawyer needs to know the following:
- How exactly the accident occurred
- The date when the accident occurred
- Contact information and details of witnesses (if any were present)
- Complete details of injuries sustained from the accident, including a doctor’s diagnosis and any treatment received
In addition, the lawyer may also require the following:
- Actual proof of loss of earnings as a result of the injury – and loss of additional finances
- Any documents showing existing insurance policies- these determine whether or not you are covered in the event of such an injury, and,
- Additional evidence to support your claim
If you or a loved one is injured or in an accident, call Joey Gilbert Law today. We will provide you with free consultation from our Reno Nevada personal injury attorneys. Contact – 775-284-7700 or Toll Free 888-640-4313
Serving: Reno, Sparks, Incline Village, Lake Tahoe, Carson City and Other Areas of Nevada.
By Joey Gilbert