Green Cards

Here at Joey Gilbert and Associates, Ltd. we understand the struggles one is faced with when managing their way through the vast and complex system put in place by the federal government to obtain U.S. citizenship. That’s exactly where we come in. We take the burdens, struggles, and complexity off your shoulders and onto ours.

At Joey Gilbert & Associates, in good faith, we cannot make absolute guarantees regarding the potential outcome of your case, the system is simply too complex and frankly too subjective from case to case. However, there is one thing we can guarantee you. We guarantee your case will be in the hands of an experienced, dedicated and hard-working attorney. Our firm is unique in the field of Immigration Law. While at some firms you and your family are just another “file number”, at Joey Gilbert & Associates we are in the business of people and as our client your case will be handled with the respect and dedication it rightly deserves.

One of the main areas of focus in our firm is obtaining Green Cards, or “Permanent Resident” status for our clients, there are many misunderstandings regarding Green Cards. Therefore, it’s vital you understand the laws and regulations before taking any further action.

U.S Immigration law allows U.S. citizens to petition for certain qualified relatives to come and live permanently in the United States. Eligible immediate relatives include U.S. citizen’s who Spouses, Unmarried children under the age of 21 or parent reside in the U.S.

Certain people are eligible to apply for a green card while inside the United States. An immediate relative relationship allows you to apply on a I-485 Form, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. This can all be done through the I-485 Form and is a procedure our Firm has become very familiar with, this in turn will qualify you as a permanent resident in the event your form is approved after Joey Gilbert and Associated has completed your case.

It’s important to remember, if an immediate relative child under age 21 gets married, he or she can no longer be classified as an “immediate relative” and will become a “third preference” (F3) category married son or daughter of a U.S. citizen and a visa would no longer be immediately available. You must notify us of any change in your marital status after Form I-130 has been filed for you and prior to becoming a permanent resident or obtaining an immigrant visa.

We understand the procedure can seem daunting and intimidating. However, the process is manageable and can be done, with success. If you or someone you know is currently facing an immigration question or challenge we encourage you to contact our office today and set up a no obligation appointment.