Aggressive Reno Marijuana DUI Attorneys
Call Our Team 24/7: (775) 574-4774
DUI charges are taken seriously in the state of Nevada. While driving under the influence of alcohol is the most widely publicized type of DUI charge, driving while high can lead an accused person to face serious penalties and criminal charges as well. In many cases, people who are not technically impaired by marijuana are convicted of DUI offenses. For this reason, it is crucial that accused persons seek experienced legal representation right away.
At Joey Gilbert Law, our Reno marijuana DUI defense lawyers can defend you from a lifetime of penalties and costly fines. We are:
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to hear your case
- Led by Attorney Joey Gilbert who has a 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- Dedicated to seeing that our clients’ penalties and fines are reduced or dismissed
- Passionate about protecting the futures and freedoms of our clients
If you have been accused of driving under the influence of marijuana, contact Joey Gilbert Law right away. We can examine your case and do everything in our power to see your rights are protected!
Defining Marijuana DUI in Nevada
According to Nevada law, NRS 484C.110, a person is guilty of a marijuana DUI if any of the following conditions are true at the time of arrest:
- The driver’s blood contains 5 nanograms per milliliter of marijuana metabolite or 2 nanograms per milliliter of marijuana
- The individual’s urine contains 15 nanograms per milliliter of marijuana metabolite or 10 nanograms per milliliter of marijuana
- The person behind the wheel has ingested marijuana to a degree which leaves them unable to drive safely or have physical control of the vehicle
Because these state laws only discuss the amount of marijuana found in a driver’s urine or blood, a driver can be arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana even if the driver is not high at the time of arrest.
Possible Penalties and Fines
If you have been arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana, you may be subject to facing the same fines and penalties as a person caught driving while under the influence of alcohol.
If convicted, you may face the following consequences:
- Up to $1,000.00 in court costs
- 2 days to 6 months in jail
- 24-96 hours of community service
- 9-day driver’s license suspension
- Nevada DUI school
- Nevada Victim Impact Panel
Retain the Seasoned DUI Defense You Need to Safeguard Your Future
A DUI charge can negatively affect your reputation, your future, your job, and many other aspects of your life. For this reason, it is important you contact legal representation immediately after you have been accused of DUI. At our firm, our Reno marijuana DUI lawyers are dedicated to fighting for the rights of our clients. When you contact our team, we can explore every avenue of your case and determine which facts can be used to safeguard your future. We understand the stresses that may occur due to such a charge, and that is why we work diligently as soon as your case is in our hands.